Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Is It Weird When...

...your daughter is still wearing her Christmas jammies in the middle of July?!? At home, we're used to 90-plus degree days in July. Here, we're lucky to get up in the high sixties. So, hubby and I were laughing tonight at the fact that the baby was still wearing her winter jammies, her red and green Christmas ones, to boot. Our family and friends that see photos of the children here think it's weird that they are still wearing jackets in most of them. And in our minds, it's still March weather at home, just like when we left. But I can't decide which I prefer...so stinking hot that you have to go to the pool just to cool off, or so doggone chilly that you still need long sleeves and long pants in July?

2 comments:

Emily said...

i'm totally for the long sleeves and pants...i hate to sweat, and there are only so many layers you can take off in public before you hit inappropriate... :)

Anonymous said...

You KNOW where I weigh in on this one...I'm totally with Emily! However I had to laugh because I just told hubby the other day that if you were here you'd be giving me a hard time for not wanting to spend every day of the summer at the pool! You know I much prefer the air conditioning. I'd love the weather where you are!