Friday, July 6, 2007

The Armchair Traveler Reading Challenge




There is a great travel reading challenge going on over at "A Life in Books". I'm joining up. Here are the books I've chosen and the alternates in case I change my mind or can't find the ones listed. I am definitely an "it's my perogative to change my mind" kind of girl, so alternates will probably be utilized. ;)

My Top Six:
Sarum by Edward Rutherford (England)
A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hoesseini (Afghanistan)
Notes From a Small Island by Bill Bryson (England)
Three Weeks With My Brother by Micah and Nicholas Sparks (3 week world trip)
Northanger Abbey by Jane Austin (Bath, England)
Cry the Beloved Country by Alan Paton (South Africa)

Alternates:
A Year in Provence by Peter Mayle (France)
Glastonbury Tor by Leanne Hardy (England)
I'm a Stranger Here Myself by Bill Bryson (U.S.)
Infidel by Ayaan Hirsi Ali (Somalia and Netherlands)

The rules for the challenge and the Mr. Linky list are above if you're interested. Let me know if you decide to join up as well.

No comments: