Friday, June 1, 2007

Thank You, Jesus

Do you have this little Bible? If you have toddlers and you don't have it, you really should. Today, we read the story of the ten lepers that Jesus healed. Remember how only one leper returned to thank Jesus for his healing?

Then we sang this little song that we learned from Miss Pattycake years ago:

"Ten men came to Jesus,
Ten men, ten men.
They said, 'Will you heal us?'
Ten men, ten men.
One, two, three, four, five.
Six, seven, eight, nine, ten.
Jesus touched their lives and they were well again.
But they all got excited. And they all ran away.
Only one turned around.
He came back to say, 'Thank you, thank you, Jesus. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you, thank you, Jesus. Thank you! Thank you!'
Never walk away.
Always stop and say, 'Thank You for the blessings that you give each day.'
Thank you, thank you Jesus! Thank you, thank you! Thank you, thank you, Jesus! Thank you, thank you!"

Then, I stopped and asked each child what they could thank Jesus for today (And it has been a day when we need to show some gratitude around here, if you know what I mean!). My oldest son said, "Jesus, thank you for helping me with my behavior because I've been so naughty today." My middle daughter said, "Even though I'm sad that my doggie can't live with us (Our dog is still back in the States), thank you God that you give us a house here with our family and we get to be together." My youngest daughter, the two year old, said, "Tank you Sheshus for Daddeee!"

A very sweet end to a very cranky, grumpy, loud morning. Thank you, thank you Jesus.

No comments: