Saturday, February 23, 2008

The Latest Barnes and Noble Visit

Hubby and I went to Barnes and Noble for our date tonight. We also went to Hobby Lobby. How generous is hubby? I suppose he's adding all this up so that in the summer we will have lots of golf dates. ;)

Here's what's in the bag from tonight:

*The Archeological Study Bible (Told hubby I wanted this for my upcoming bday, but he said to get it tonight, as he was also interested. Again, isn't hubby generous?)

*In Britain magazine (Helps me with my English cravings and reminds me of all the things I love and miss.)

*Leadership magazine (always terrific!)

*Discipleship Journal magazine (Wanted this because the theme this month is looking at the Bible with fresh eyes.)

*Have a New Kid by Friday by Kevin Leman (Love my kiddos as they are, but I also love Leman's sage and tongue-in-cheek advice to parents.)

What didn't make it into the bag...(and is now in my amazon cart being saved for later or to be ordered from our fabulous bookstore at church)

*Knowing God by Name by David Wilkerson

*God's Joyful Surprise by Sue Monk Kidd

*What Women Want: The Life You Crave and How God Satisfies by Lisa T. Bergren and Rebecca Price

*The Faith by Charles Colson

*Creating Keepsakes magazine

*Today's Christian Woman magazine

*Midwest Living magazine

*The Unschooled Mind by Howard Gardner

So, as you can see, I spent far less than I put away. Or at least that is how I justify my book madness.

2 comments:

Annette said...

Why don't you just borrow my TCW and Midwest Living magazines????

I'd love to share!

Cyndi said...

Some great picks! We gave my son the Archaeological Bible for Christmas, and we have all been learning from it!

Yes, I see some golf dates in your future, LOL. :)