Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Mothering Madness

Mothering is the one thing in life that I have always felt so under-prepared for. To be brutally honest, I have often (and I mean often) asked God why he chose me to be a mother. I feel that inadequate about it. I tend to beat myself up as a mother, always comparing myself to some perfect pie-in-the-sky mother, always disappointed that I don't live up to the expectations I have for myself. I rehash my parenting mistakes over and over again in my mind until they are blown way out of proportion. I talk to myself negatively as a mother, often thinking my children need a better one.
Do you have something that you beat yourself up for? Something that you just peck yourself to death about? Well, go and read this wonderful post by Beth Moore over at the Living Proof Ministries blog. Hopefully it will transform your thinking about what you beat yourself up about as much it has mine. I'm determined not to condemn myself in this area anymore.
Anybody wanna join me?

No comments: