Sunday, May 6, 2007

Caring for the Prisoner

Prison Fellowship, which is a non-profit agency supporting prisoners and sharing with them the love of Jesus Christ, is offering a chance for moms on the outside to send an e-card of support to moms in prison. Now, this little gesture won't solve their problems, but maybe it will lighten their load a bit to know that someone cares for them and is praying for them. I encourage you to go here and send an e-card. Then pray for the person who will be receiving it.

"'For I was hungry and you gave Me something to eat; I was thirsty and you gave Me something to drink; I was a stranger and you invited Me in; naked and you clothed Me; I was sick and you visited Me; I was in prison and you came to Me.' Then the righteous will answer him, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you or thirsty and give you something to drink? And when did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or naked and clothe you? When did we see you sick or in prison and come to you?' The King will answer and say to them, 'Truly, I say to you to the extent that you did it for one of these brothers of mine, even to the least of them, you did it to Me.'"

No comments: