Monday, May 12, 2008

Sometimes Their Prayers Put Me to Shame

During our circle time today, we were praying for some church friends who are in Guatamala for the summer and we got to our "thanksgiving" portion of the prayer time. My two oldest blew me away by what they shared. One said, "Thank you God for our home and our family and for music and for books." The other said, "Thank you God for your Bible and your words that Jesus brought to us." I was astounded that the once simple prayers of thanks for home and family (which are very valid in their own right) had turned into thanksgiving for his good gifts of books and music and His wonderful Word. I am humbled to be praying with my little people. Through these simple every day experiences, sometimes God gives me a glimpse into the Kingdom people that He is growing them to be and I think about them in the future and I am excited and blown away and scared all at the same time. I am so thankful that as a mom I get to see these little pieces of their hearts during our prayer time.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Gotta love that! :)

Paula Puckett said...

Well said.

Scott and Sophie said...

Joni,
Thanks for your prayers! They mean so much! Look what God has done just today (see our new post)! It was really touching to see your post about your prayer time that included a link to our page. We are blessed to have the church family that we do.
Blessings!
Scott and Sophie