Sunday, August 19, 2007

Travel Photos - Lincolnshire, York, and Scotland Part One

The York Minster --Europe's largest Gothic cathedral. Enormous!

Shopping the "The Shambles" in York, the medieval shopping district in town. Cute!

The cannons at Stirling Castle in Scotland.


Stirling Castle as seen from below in the town of Stirling, Scotland.


Some boy bagpiping buskers in the town of Stirling, outside the shopping area. They were great!


Belton House in Lincolnshire where some of the BBC's Pride and Predjudice was filmed.


The gorgeous area where we stayed in Scotland. I've seen more sheep in the past week, than I have in my entire life. And I'm a farm girl, so that's a lot of sheep!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What great pictures. I'm so glad you've had such fun over there. I hope the trip back to the states is good. :)
JoAnn

Stacy said...

Beautiful pictures!
I wanna go! :)
Also, super super cute skirt on your daughter (assuming that's her in the ruffled tan skirt?) OH MY HOW I WANT THAT SKIRT. In a larger size, of course. For my very self.

~Stacy

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Can't wait to see all the rest of the pix once you're back home. I'll have mine to show as well! (-;

P

Tracy said...

Joni,
I am so happy you saw some of Scotland! It is the place I always imagine when people say, "Imagine a calm place." It is also the only place I ever sat in a car surrounded by sheep!
God Bless and safe travels home,
Tracy

Cindy-Still His Girl said...

I have some photos that look just like some of these!! (Minus the little boy in blud)

Cindy-Still His Girl said...

blue.
not blud.